A fast growing and successful global technology company is looking for a proactive Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant for its US subsidiary located in Manhattan.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for handling the fundamental aspects of the firm’s financial record keeping, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, reconciling bank statements, invoicing and operational report preparation.
Location: Midtown Manhattan
- Review of invoices, including accurate recording/coding of information, ensuring appropriate vendors are paid and payments are made on a timely basis.
- Invoicing to clients and related group entities.
- Maintains accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger.
- Preparation of journal entries for accruals/ reserves, preparation and review of supporting documents.
- Monthly close of books.
- Conducting bank account reconciliation.
- Support of quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Working closely with the Procurement Manager
- Responsibilities as the company may assign to you from time to time.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and financial reports.
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience working in a high paced technology company- big plus.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Proactive, who can work in a dynamic growing environment.
- Data Entry Skills, Accounting,
- Accurate Detail oriented.
- Superior QuickBooks, MS Excel skills, must.
- Knowledge of ERP System, especially NetSuite, is an advantage.
- Collaborative, team player.
- Multi-tasking and self-managed
- Competitive salary with strong benefits package
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is appreciated.
- Business at a breakthrough point
- Fun place to work and great minds.