We are assisting a leading provider of multimedia and mobile technologies company in their search for a Creative Project Manager to be responsible for ensuring delivery of company’s multimedia tour projects.
The creative team is responsible for all aspects of audio and video content design and production, from discovery, interviewing, and script writing and editing to casting, recording, editing, and mixing the final product. This is a very deadline-driven environment that rewards collaboration and communication among project team members. The creative project manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring delivery of company’s multimedia tour projects on time and on budget. The job requires complete understanding of the production process from proposal to delivery and an ability to work with company’s clients (museums, entertainment venues, corporations) as well as an internal team of writers, editors, producers, studio engineers, actors, translators, etc. Attention to detail and an ability to understand and act on priorities in a schedule-driven environment are necessary; wide ranging cultural interests are extremely helpful.
- Manage creative materials and assets, including recordings, scripts, and images.
- Manage/traffic foreign translation projects.
- Listen critically to the produced tour for quality control and to create the ‘As Recorded’ and ADA scripts.
- Maintain organized project archives/databases.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at a time.
- Other reasonable administrative & project management duties related to assigned projects
- SCHEDULING: based on the contract, develop a production schedule; adjust as necessary to reflect changes in delivery throughout project process. Manage creative and studio workflow.
- CLIENT LIAISON: Coordinate and facilitate project kick-off meetings, manage client deliverables, approvals, and feedback. Serve as key client liaison.
- BUDGETING: key point person to the sales team to review budgets for proposals ensuring projects come in on-time and on-budget.
- COMMUNICATION: create production schedules, both internal and external, and distribute to the client and the creative team members; coordinate post-production with studio; keep team aware of on-going project status.
- CONTRACTING: negotiate fees, generate contracts, and coordinate freelance writers, music producers and voice over talent. Manage invoicing and Purchase Orders.
- RECORDINGS: coordinate studio and field recordings; source engineers for on-location recordings; arrange for transcription of interview recordings.
- TRANSLATIONS: play an essential role in managing all details for translation projects including but not limited to contractors for translation, editing, voiceover talent, recordings, monitoring, etc.
- RESEARCH: source music and archival materials on a case-by-case basis, securing usage rights and determine any licensing fees.
- ASSET INVENTORY: Track client visual assets (images, video, etc.) necessary for tour build. Resize and reformat images as needed. Track archival audio resources provided by client.
Desired Qualifications – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Project Management a plus),
- 4+ years of experience in project management in the tourism, entertainment, sports, multimedia companies.
- Experience overseeing the operations of projects to ensure set goals are achieved.
- Ability to seek solutions to project challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and a team-player attitude with a deep commitment to client satisfaction.
- Experience working with global organizations.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, Google Workspace, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Startup mentality DNA