A global retail company is looking for a resourceful, innovative, coachable, diligent, and ambitious Head of Operations to be responsible for the supply chain, providing strategic leadership to the warehouse and inventory planning teams and to deliver millions of products per year.
The Head of Operations will be in charge of all operations, logistics, production, compliance, freight, and IT fields and be a key factor in the company’s strategic growth and profitability.
The Head of Operations will oversee inventory planning and forecasting, financial strategy, and thoughtful analysis to achieve quarterly and annual business goals. The position will have a keen focus on delivering an exceptional customer experience and report directly into the company’s CFO.
- Manage procurement processes. Assuring smooth receipt in the warehouse, coordinating freight in and out to B2B and B2C customers all while keeping a cost-saving approach in mind.
- Ensure FEFO inventory control method as well as notification and alerts re expired products. Ability to collaborate with the sales team regarding efficient product selling.
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations and standards, familiarity with the product components and collaboration with the parent company compliant team.
- Ensure forward planning processes based on the ERP system.
- Manage warehouse team to comply with “no chargebacks” policy and collaborate with finance team re meeting required shipping, labeling and ticketing standards.
- Coordinate with subcontractors the reproduction of unique items to the US market.
- Getting product files from the parent company, negotiate with subcontractors, review QA standards, assure compliance, coordinate external QA tests and deliver to the destination.
- Maintain ERP automatic interfaces of EDI, warehouse, and eCommerce, working with the ERP support team to assure orders and confirmation in and out are being transmitted smoothly. Prompt reaction to any errors.
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data and metrics.
- Responsible for managing inventory counts, slow-moving inventory, inventory accuracy in the system (Inventory type, expiration date, cost, quantities etc.), kits preparation as needed, coordinate with vendors re packing supply, constant improving the shipping costs and all other associated costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, business or other related field.
- Working with retailers like Amazon, Ulta, Macy’s, Nordstrom and others- a must.
- IT background is an advantage.
- Proven experience as Operations leader or equivalent position in a supply chain company.
- Highly effective in fast paced multi-faceted environment.
- Highly detail-oriented, multi-tasking, organized, ability to meet deadlines and work autonomously.
- Proficient within Excel.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Priority. Experience with EDI.
- Experience working with International companies in a startup mode.
- Thorough knowledge of operations and logistics best practices.
What we offer
- We professionally and personally invest in our employees.
- Competitive Base Salary and bonus.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Summer Fridays.
- Employee discount and generous gratis policy.