One of our clients, a top performing computing company, is looking for a top preforming Regional Sales Manager/Account Executive experienced with storage solutions to join its next generation storage systems team.
The Regional Sales Manager will work in the development of new High Performing Computing solutions within Financial Services accounts. The Regional Sales Manager is required to build a relationship, mainly via channels, and share the company’s story and vision.
- Drive new business through strong partner and customer contacts and industry knowledge.
- Create and maintain a customer pipeline, hitting revenue goals and growing the territory.
- Meet committed sales numbers on a quarterly basis.
- Build relationships with Channel and OEM partners to grow brand presence to end users.
- Establish executive level relationships, understanding the needs and language of customer’s specific business.
- Lead and coordinate complex, team selling efforts (with internal and external partners).
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership with all company staff, specifically with Sales Engineers and technical support staff.
- Develop a strong understanding of the customers’ technology infrastructure, strategy and business requirements.
- Partner with internal staff to create successful Proposals and Presentations in response to RFPs and other customer needs.
- Drive a territory strategy in alignment with company brand strategy.
- Accurately forecast sales figures and projections.
- Consistent communication with company Sales Leadership including sales reports.
- Manage accurate data and record keeping in Salesforce to increase customer satisfaction and brand penetration.
- Attend trade shows and other activities to raise company’s presence in the industry.
- Successfully negotiate with internal and external partners and end-user customers.
- Manage customer relationships post-sale; including a strategy to close repeat business.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- BA or BS in a related field is required.
- At least 5 years of experience selling storage or networking solutions, with strong technical expertise, including deep industry knowledge and contacts.
- Successful Experience driving business through channel partners, long and complex sales cycles.
- Demonstrated success and strong industry contacts with financial services accounts.
- Must consistently be in the top 25% of sales force in quota attainment.
- Must have experience negotiating large transactions and be instrumental in closing deals.
- A demonstrated knowledge of SAN/NAS appliance product lines is desired.
- Up to 30% travel
- Home office