A global provider of industrial solutions is looking for Director of Supply Chain. The Director of Supply Chain leads the supply chain team and is responsible of inventory forecasting and planning, procurement, warehousing, shipping and receipt.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director is responsible for all direct and indirect supply chain spending within the company. He/She must establish, hold and conduct all relevant metrics consistent with supply chain activities. The Supply Chain Director is also a member of the senior leadership team and a member of the supply chain at the group level, expected to provide leadership at the highest level within the organization at a tactical and strategic level.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Overseeing all direct and in-direct purchasing spend
- Familiar with material provisioning models based on business forecasts
- Inventory control (including but not limited to: Stock level, reductions, cycle counts, controls, storage, issuance, segregation & usage)
- Communicate with vendors
- To achieve required performance and cost metrics for the business
- Sourcing of parts with new and existing vendors
- Identifying, negotiating, and establishing new vendors to be utilized by the business
- Establish and maintain all T&Cs for all orders placed and ensure compliance by vendors
- Establish good relationships with key vendors to build strong partnership
- Establish, maintain, own and drive KPIs, derived from Business KPIs
- Analysis capability:
- Inventory & Purchasing analysis to identify opportunities for improvement in all ways
- Researching, producing reports and spreadsheets, creating graphs and charts, design and develop new capabilities as required
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and confidence of sensitive information.
- Provide leadership according to professional standards of initiative, control and aspiration for company success
- Maintain Ethical business practice and compliance with all Federal, state and local laws at all times
- Maintain Open two-way communication with all employees
- Follow the Group’s supply chain guidelines and collaborate with supply chain personnel across the Group.
- Must be able to understand MRP/ERP systems, usage and manipulation
- Maintain work areas with profession appearances
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Supply Chain Management degree preferred, or equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of industrial manufacturing space.
- Must be able to read and understand technical data.
- Candidate must have high level of integrity, confidentiality, and discretion.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft office & MRP experience required.
- Must have ability to read and adhere to all verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to make business decisions and work with deadlines while understanding pressure.
- Must have ability to work with people and communicate (both oral and written communication) with other personnel and management effectively.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must have very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must always present professional behavior with customers, vendors, visitors and business associates.