A publicly traded company, a leading solution provider for the aviation industry, is looking for an experienced and analytical Director of FP&A to play a key role in the growth of the company.
Reporting to Group VP of Finance the Director of FP&A will be leading a key vertical in the financial management of the company, and will be acting as the analytical and economic engine of the company to provide ‘optimal’ business decision making.
• Budget planning, reporting and analysis.
• Manage the company customer credit risks and controls.
• Dedicated to report on key KPI’s and cost drivers to facilitate a performance dialogue, manage multiple real time cost control to support the Business Unit Management with meeting their monthly and quarterly goals.
• Partner directly with the financial controller and operation directors to collaborate on metrics, goals, and business reviews
• Identify and research variances to forecast and budget, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
• Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tool
• Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
• Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports
• Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies.
• Develop financial models and analyses to support sales opportunities and strategic initiatives
• Lead the enhancement and compliance of Business Finance processes, standards and systems.
• Monitor and approve the company purchasing plans and executing, include material Purchase Requests approval.
• Responsible to the company overhaul inventory analysis and control.
• Responsible for the company Financial and legal risk control, include managing the company insurance plan and legal console.
Requirements and Qualifications
• BS in Economics, Finance or Business. MBA is an advantage.
• CPA or CMA is an advantage.
• 5+ years of experience in similar or progressive roles.
• General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles.
• Experience with a major company or a division of a large company. Aviation industry Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) experience is an advantage.
• Hands on, able to roll up sleeves and perform day to day activities as well as managerial role.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels.
• A demonstrated record of success.
• Good professional judgment.
• High energy and a passion for a growth-oriented environment.
• Highly organized and able to prioritize and multi-task.
• Demonstrated ability to drive projects across an organization.
• Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated.
• The ability to work in a stress environment.
• Work experience in a multi culture working environment including experience in working in matrix organization and reporting routines to corporate.