Our Client, a global luxury beauty company is looking for a Director of Account Management with a solid experience with Masstige retailers in the beauty industry.
The Director of Account Management is responsible for account management, driving strategy by account, and delivering against wholesale revenue goals for the company portfolio of brands. This role will work strategically, with a consumer first mindset, along-side marketing, inventory planning, operations, and finance, as well as other members of the company teams, both in the US and in Israel.
This individual is also responsible for a side by side partnering with operations and marketing by leading all marketing activities within the accounts, and with demand planning, to have the ready stock available. The role will report to the President and CEO of the North American division.
- The point of contact between the company and the retailer communicating objectives and ensuring executional alignment.
- Ability to manage different types of accounts, retailer in store and online, flash, and distributor.
- Deliver sales targets of existing new business initiatives.
- Work with finance to analyze spending and the impact to the business.
- Strategize sell thru programs with deliverables set for each account that will enhance the achievement of the sell thru targets.
- Analyze weekly retailer sales and stock levels.
- Launch effective innovation efforts. New products sell in and sell thru success.
- Negotiate co-op, sample support, markdowns, chargebacks, return controls.
- Achieve space and shelf sell thru store productivity requirements.
- Guide the company on the best practice principles across wholesale accounts.
- Lead the development of the account strategy and the execution for new brands.
- Leverage their relationship with the retailer to gain opportunities online and in stores for the brands.
- Build brand strength by pursuing and creating unique opportunities for the company, while creating a point of difference at each retailer.
- Partner with the internal company team to guide effective planning and allocation of resources across sampling, marketing, education, and activation.
- Create and manage an overall company side by side calendar to ensure activities to drive volume are aligned to the sales plan, online activities and budgets planned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and/or related fields.
- 5 years’ work experience in sales and a proven record of strong wholesale business development and relationships with Masstige retailers in Beauty (skincare, cosmetics, hair care, fragrance).
- Strong knowledge of Specialty Multichannel stores (Ulta is a big plus) along with retailer account planning and programming.
- Understanding of an open-sell environment as well as multichannel marketing.
- Digital marketing and e-commerce business experience preferred.
- Extensive business acumen and financial ability, an analytical thinker.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment. Startup DNA mentality.
- Must be a brand advocate with ability to foster collaborative working teams.
- Agree to work a hybrid schedule in office and remote.
- Minimal travel required.
The company offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus, matched 401k savings, quarterly product gratis, a medical/dental/vision benefits package, plus a very generous holiday and paid time off package.