One of our clients, a fascinating and attractive retail company is looking for a Controller to join their growing team. We’re looking for a driven, high-energy professional with strong financial and technical aptitude to serve as the company’s leading financial executive.
Reporting to the CEO, you will oversee the financials and books for the entire company. It will be your job to make sure that everyone gets paid on time, that we collect every last dollar of revenue, and that we monitor our burn rate with precision. You will join an amazing group of people who together share this rare opportunity to reshape the future of retail.
As a hands-on individual, you will own the accounting close process and will assist with development and documentation of the company’s accounting processes.
Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Quickbooks is required.
- CPA, with solid GAAP accounting background
- Prior experience in real estate and/or retail accounting is a plus
- Ownership of month close control procedures and management of bookkeeping
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements and understanding of financial health
- Work closely with CPA firm on annual FS audit, sales tax and local tax compliance
- Diligent about revenue recognition and billing software and keep track of our customers’ accounts
- Controlling budgets, cost centers, approval flow, and understanding burn rate
- Understands invoice management tools to properly label and classify all expenses, pay vendors and reimburse employees
- Payroll management, experience with TriNet is a plus
- Solid understanding of financial systems
- Excel master – If statements, Vlookups, Sumifs
- Quickbooks Online experience
- SQL or Excel Macros knowledge is a plus
- Excellent communicator, both in-person and written
- High emotional intelligence, collaborative, willing to leave your ego at the door
- Enjoy solving problems and willing to try and fail to get things better
- Clean inbox, organized files
- Excels in a fast-paced environment